Related Posts with Thumbnails
Home Design

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Palazzo Las Vegas

The Palazzo recently opened in Las Vegas. It is the self proclaimed "taller, more blonde" sister to the Venetian. Together they have over 7000 rooms (counted as one hotel because they are on the same reservation system) making it now officially the biggest hotel in the world. But is it worth any hype? Or is it more of the same...bigger and shinier to keep up to the competition?


The rooms are all "suites", with a similar layout and setup as the original Venetian rooms, with large washrooms, a bedroom area, and a sunken living room near the window. Here is a plan of their typical room (It is the smallest suite you can rent at 720 square feet, bigger than most vancouver condos!)

The rooms have almost anything one could ask for, but the one thing missing for me for such a luxurious layout is a little kitchenette or bar area...but I can see why that is a strategic financial move by the hotel. That would take away revenue from establishments on site below!

I quite like the look of the suites. They look warm and comfortable. I love the grouping of 4 pieces of artwork, and I love the contemporary light over the table.


The public areas look nice. I don't suppose they are too "overdone" for Vegas, so that is good. It could have been a lot more ornate, but I think they got it right with simple details in expensive materials rather than too many cheap and tacky details. Most people will be distracted by the 3 storey waterfall. I'm more impressed with the bronze columns. Although I hear all the plants in the public spaces are fake, something I would normally frown upon...but what do I know about the logistics of running every day maintenance of such a monster.


The accompanying shopping plaza contains high end stores such as Barneys of New York, Jimmy Choo Shoes, Burberry, Canali, and Fendi just to name a few.

Would I stay here? Yeah if I wanted to spend $279 weekdays and $499 per night on a weekend. it looks posh and comfy and spacious. I'll definately check it out the next time I'm in Vegas.
All images courtesy of Palazzo

Komentar :

ada 0 comment ke “Palazzo Las Vegas”

Post a Comment

Furniture Design
 
This Blog is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by Angga Leo Putra