Related Posts with Thumbnails
Home Design

Friday, February 15, 2008

The New Mirage - The Jury's Still Out

I came across these photos on the updated Mirage Resort website, promoting the new look of some of their guestrooms. A departure from the tropical theme they were so well known for, it seems that they are referencing the retro stylings of the 60's. Perhaps to target a more youthful clientele? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure I like it so much. While the colours and design is bolder, it is also a little garish in my opinion.

From the Mirage Resort website..."These smartly redesigned rooms will feature stylish comfort complemented with ultra-modern amenities and chic upgrades. Each room will be revamped to provide the perfect retreat for relaxation. Simple lines with an ergonomic design will be detailed to give it a high-touch feel, providing you with a comfortable space to make yourself at home. Warm woods lining each room will also be accentuated with a boldly modern color scheme and well appointed fabrics."

I don't find the colours very "relaxing", and I also find the whole theming to be disconnected from the "South Seas Vibe" they're promoting the hotel as having. Also, what's with the exposed white mini-bars?
...and what is exactly is "high-touch feel"?Oh well, I can't like everything new I come across. And I don't expect everyone to agree with me either, but I thought I'd share my feelings on this one.
BTW, I'm confirmed to be attending the Hospitality Design Expo 2008 in Las Vegas in May 2008. Very excited!

Komentar :

ada 0 comment ke “The New Mirage - The Jury's Still Out”

Post a Comment

Furniture Design
 
This Blog is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by Angga Leo Putra