Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share
Home Design

Friday, December 19, 2008

Pittsburgh Paints Colour Forecasts 2009-2010

Pittsburgh Paints recently released it’s colour forecast for 2009-2010. They’ve grouped them into 4 themes: Wonderland, Avatar, Indie, and Journey. For the most part, the colours are not that unexpected to me. Here’s my take on them.

The warm rosy shades of purples and pinks in the Wonderland group have been strong for quite a while now. They play with the recent trends to mix feminine with masculine, modern and traditional, and adding in that little touch of glamour everyone seeks.

Ok I have to admit taht the lime green colour in the Avatar group scares me a little, but I can see how the direction and inspiration developed from familiarity of comic book, gaming, and the internet as a whole. With online identities becoming increasingly popular, everyone is trying to be bold in their own way to stand out in a virtual world.
I quite like the Indie colours, and I believe while they are strong, they have infiltrated pop culture to become familiar to everyone through the recent organic and earth movements, and therefore are not as scary as they first appear.
The colours in Journey are restful and calm, almost a little bit global. These shades remind me a little of the mid 90’s, which I think could be attributed to people looking to comfort and familiarity in tough (economic) times.

Komentar :

ada 0 comment ke “Pittsburgh Paints Colour Forecasts 2009-2010”

Post a Comment

Furniture Design
 
This Blog is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by Angga Leo Putra